The dating industry is a multi billion dollar machine designed to exploit men.
On a majority of dating sites, men are expected to become members, like everyone else, and that might even be free or cheap. However if you want to “connect” with a girl, you have to buy an upgraded “plus, silver” package. It does not end there unfortunately. Seeing the possibility to further exploit men’s need to try and find a girlfriend you are encouraged to pay for an even more expensive package that will allow girls who join for free to contact you. In essence you are not just covering your own cost of joining the site you have to cover the cost of the girls on the site who want to contact you.
In a day where the term “gender equality” is bandied about, and we all need to be very politically correct and respect each other this is an example of blatant sexism that goes unnoticed.
In addition to all of those services, if you happen to be a guy who doesn’t have a lot of luck online, the sites will gladly sell you special services:
- Review your profile
- Comment on your picture
- Help you write the copy
In all instances where I have tried such services, the results were less than mediocre and there was not statistical data to indicate it made any difference in attracting a mate.
Thousands of different schemes are out there trying to get the man to pay even more money for a theoretical chance to find a woman who wants to be in a relationship with him.
Guys are also expected to spend a lot of time crafting a super profile, with lots of pictures and interesting facts. Its helpful if you can also show off your relative wealth and how popular you are.
Girls often put up a single picture, with a “Oh I don’t know what to write here” text along with the old “Oh guys if you contact me, don’t just say ‘hi’ show me you put some effort into it”.
Ok so girls spends less than 60s stuffing a picture into a profile and nothing more, yet she expects the guy to magically and telepathically guess how to write an interesting post to her. Talk about torture.
Yet guys are expected to go through with such nonsense because the sites are geared towards exploitation of men.
It does not end there though. If you are lucky enough to talk to a girl online and you get along a little bit its upto the man to:
- Pick a suitable venue for the date.
- It need to be interesting, fun, personal, and original.
- Most often he also has to pay for the tickets, the food etc.
Some women on dating sites seem to subsist on “food whoring”. Set up dates with guys but let it be known she wants a nice dinner. She shows up (a plus), eats the most expensive thing son the menu and you never hear from here again.
There is always another sucker out there.
Men are conditioned from an early age to expect this type of sexist behavior. We have been told that what we have is not that interesting, but what girls have is worth a lot.
Once, in ancient times, where gender equality was a mere dream, these traditional patterns in dating made sense. Women did not usually have the means to pay, nor the social status to get into venues by themselves and not the freedom to find men on their own.
Women in those times lacked the ability to stand on their own two feet. Thankfully the world has moved on, and though gender differences still exists, that favor the man, there are a lot more instances were gender discrimination exists but favors the woman.
Guys, we like girls. We want to find great girls. Some of want to get laid real bad too. But the truth is girls want what we got too, and they have sexual needs as we do too. Why should we still be forced?
- To pay double or triple for our site membership because we are men?
- Be expected to publish a personal and original novel to a girl who cant bother?
- To be a never emptying reservoir of money, ideas and patience.
Unfortunately as men we are so conditioned that most of us cant even see it. This will continue on as it has for years and years to come. Women will gain more privilege and perks and we will lose what little is left but still be expected to fulfill our traditional male role.
- I urge male readers to only join sites that support gender equality. One price for every member, regardless of color, gender, sexual preference and race. (Or join free sites there are some great ones out there).
- Refuse to write that girls who cant even bother to put up a single paragraph about herself.
- Ask and expect the girl to make plans for the dates as well.
- Always use condoms. It doesn’t have much to do with the article but its always a good idea.
- Have better self esteem for yourself and dare to stand up and be strong. Why should you have to be exploited over and over again to try and find a woman? Are they really attracted to someone who gets walk on like that?
Let me her your thoughts on this?